Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Saturn vin not recognized
Saturn vin not recognized

2271 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-08-19 21:17:21

•   Level 4   
    (141) points
    Bestdamgarage
    2017-08-16 17:00:02
     New maxisys 1 month old not so impressed.Went to scan 09 saturn aura no selection for saturn i figure no big deal ill use gm.Scanner reads vin but is unable to decode so it wont let me continue wtf.Also read on here it wont program pats keys for ford is this true.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-08-16 21:12:36 (Reply to:Bestdamgarage)

No tool will decode VIN's for all cars. Just select make and model manually. It's not that hard! 
    It programs PATS just fine. Someone on here was trying to use PATS to program a 2014 Ford. Naturally it will not work. Those new cars need programmed online. 

•   Level 4   
    (141) points
    Bestdamgarage
    2017-08-17 17:01:55 (Reply to:Kevin H)
        If i could have selected saturn i would have its not there it did read the vin but because it would'nt decode i was stuck and it wouldnt let me go past the id screen i didnt try manual entry

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-08-19 21:17:21 (Reply to:Bestdamgarage)

Hey Best,
    When I say to select it manually I mean to click on "diagnostic", the when the screen
    pops up with all the vehicle makes, instead of messing with VIN entries, select GM,
    then you will find Saturn, and then you select the years and makes.
    I know about making mistakes. I made a 3 hour dumb mistake programming a Dodge
    PCM yesterday. Those J2534 apps that the manufacturers put out can be tricky to
    navigate.
    I ran in to a similar mistake with the J2534 app. I thought if the app did not read the
    VIN when connected that you could go no further. The error messages in the middle of
    a blank window tells you to check your connections and ignition. But when I looked
    way down in the right lower corner of the window, I seen a "continue" button.
    If I noticed that button the first time, I would have has no problem. Then to make
    matters worse, the service data tells you to write the VIN in to the PCM first because
    the ABS module expects to receive the VIN broadcast from the PCM during key on.
  Total1 Pages